Endometriosis New Zealand are seeking two Board members to provide strategic direction for the organisation
Endometriosis New Zealand (ENZ) represents the tens of thousands of people living with endometriosis in New Zealand. ENZ provides unique and professional services and programs to reach individuals, communities, schools, workplaces, and all stakeholders involved in improving health outcomes for those with endometriosis and persistent pelvic pain. We are people centred, evidenced-based, and committed to delivering quality outcomes.
The ENZ Board has typical governance responsibilities; ensuring ENZ quality and compliance; setting strategic direction and priorities; policy enhancement and development; Chief Executive performance expectations; monitoring and evaluating organisational performance and overseeing the management of risk for the organisation.
The ENZ Board meets approximately every 8 weeks for 2-3 hours via Zoom. Effective Board discussions rely on Board members reading the Board papers before the meetings. From time to time the Board will meet out of session to work on strategic matters and to address any urgent issues.
The term is for three years, and the role is unpaid but expenses, including travel, will be reimbursed.
We are looking for two (2) Board members to provide strategic direction for the organisation and ensure the path to change continues and ENZ maintains a strong voice, advocating for thousands of young women and girls in New Zealand.
We are seeking the following experience between the two new appointees:
- Board chair and/or governance skills and experience
- Knowledge of/and or experience with endometriosis
- A good understanding of not-for-profit organisations and best practice within the sector
- Proven ability at a strategic level
- Change management: Experience leading change successfully for organisations
- Professional knowledge of women’s health (especially endometriosis, fertility, pain management)
- Local, national, and international relationships and representation for the development of ENZ
Personal traits of a successful Board member will include:
- Critical thinking
- Ability to constructively challenge and contribute to robust boardroom conversations
- A commitment to furthering the work of ENZ and our support
- Alignment with the ENZ values; Committed, Caring and Connected
Successful applicants will be part of a committed Board that develops the ENZ 2022-2025 strategic plan and is focussed on monitoring and progressing the successful execution of this plan.
The Board member should be free of significant conflicts of interest and declare any matters that may impact on performance as a Board member for ENZ.
The following documents are available upon request:
- 2017-2021 ENZ Strategic Plan
- Trust Deed
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 24th September at 5.00pm.